About Me

My photo
My passion is devoted to being a wonderful wife to my husband, an amazing Momma to Drake and Leigha (my Bug and Baby Bug), and the best (on site) Photographer I can be!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Josh's 27th Birthday/ needing Mommy advice

Josh had his 27th Birthday yesterday. It didn't quite go as planned...first of all I got one of his gifts a few months ago and hid it so he wouldn't find it. Well the past few months have been a blur of crazy wonderful things in our lives and guess what I LOST IT. I realized this just a few days ago and didn't have time to go get another gift. :( So the poor guy had nothing to open on his birthday. However, his other gift that cannot be wrapped he is going to get on Saturday (if there's an opening.) He's getting a ring tattoo. We've been wanting them since before we were married and just never splurged to get it. He's super excited, I just wish I could have given it to him on his birthday. Second of all the kids had a rough night, which made for a parental rough night. But Saturday Drake is staying home with the sitter and Josh, Leigha (because she's breastfed), and I are going out for his birthday. I pray that it goes a million times better than yesterday went for him.

Now on to needing Mommy thoughts and advice...
Drake has always gone to bed between 6-7 but this week it's been 9-10. Nothing has changed as far as routine, we've tried to put him to bed at the normal time but he screams and refuses. When we try rocking he plays with us (doing new signs, the face game..which is touching face parts so we will name them..., dancing...he always has music on he's always slept with it on...ect.) So should we start letting him just go to bed that late or keep trying for his normal time?
Also, his naps have been all messed up lately too. Again, nothing there has changed, we are doing the same things we've always done. He will tell me he's ready for a nap, I put him to bed and he hangs out with his pup pup (who he sleeps with) and I usually put a book in there and he'll read the book and look out the window and about 40 minutes later says "mom mom" and has never slept. Other times he'll fall right asleep and only take one nap though when I know he truly needs two or at least one long one.
He's waking up at his normal time despite how late he goes to bed. This is hard on me!! Anyway, any advice, thoughts, comments are welcome and wanted please!

As for sweet Leigha Bug, we're having a rough time breastfeeding sometimes still. She's so dadgum gassy and fussy and I just don't know what I'm eating to cause it. She also has a horrible rash on her bottom that looks like burns. I thought it could be a milk allergy but the nurse at our doc office (who I honestly don't like and we're thinking about changing doc's because of her nursing staff) said it's just a diaper rash. They called us in a prescription cream to put on her and we have been but it's still there. Again, ideas, comments, advice, thoughts are wanted!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and to comment. Love to you from all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment