About Me

My photo
My passion is devoted to being a wonderful wife to my husband, an amazing Momma to Drake and Leigha (my Bug and Baby Bug), and the best (on site) Photographer I can be!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Drake is 17 Mo. old!

Drake is 17 Months Old as of yesterday!
First of all, How in the world did this happen!?
Second of all, man I love this little guy!! He looks so much like his Dad Dad but acts a lot like me! He's starting to talk a LOT more! He's coming up with words like it's nothing. He has gotten so good at saying Leigha "la-uh-uh" Sissy "Sss-e" Sis "Sss" Door "Doo-er" Diaper "errr-er" Down "du-nn"
and so on...
We do sign language with him and he's learning new signs every day and doing amazing at remembering them without prompting. He now says some of the words while he signs them as well.
He's constantly kissing, hugging, and 'playing' with his Sissy.
He has a million teeth now! I've honestly lost count.

He is in CONSTANT motion! Always running, jumping, dancing (he loves to dance!), and playing. He never slows down until his head hits the pillow.

He loves to read. We read off and on all day. When I'm busy he will sit with a book and point to the words and talk to himself. At night we read about 30 minutes before bed and he usually takes a book in bed with him to "read" it to himself. He is big on words and pictures :) Makes me a proud Momma!!

He loves coloring, although he also loves eating the colors haha. He's getting really good at holding the colors in his hands too!

He needs almost zero help with his food. He eats everything we do, as he has since he started food. (He never ate baby food, didn't like it..so we made our own) He uses his fork and spoon like a pro. Although he over-uses his fork. He likes to use it for absolutely everything from cheerios to sandwitches to normal fork food. Amazingly enough, he can actually pick up all of the above with his fork.

He has clamed one of our boxes, that we were going to use for moving stuff to our new house, as his own. It's a huge box and he can stand up in it without hitting his head. He loves it!!

What else is new with this boy?? I guess that's about it. 17 Months have been crazy fast, I wish he would grow a little slower ;)
Anyway, to leave you with is a photo of my Buggy (I know, we're silly, but we call Drake Bug/Buggy and Leigha we call Baby Bug/ Leigha Bug/Lady Bug).
He loves swinging in Leigha's swing when she's not in it. I caught him this morning reading his "Potty Book" in her swing...

No comments:

Post a Comment