About Me

My photo
My passion is devoted to being a wonderful wife to my husband, an amazing Momma to Drake and Leigha (my Bug and Baby Bug), and the best (on site) Photographer I can be!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

My thoughts on Momma's Day

Today is Mothers Day...My Bug and Lady Bug are sleeping as is their Daddy. I am only awake because Lady Bug needed fed then went back to sleep and then I had to pump. (Oh the joys of breastfeeding ;), I really do love it though!)
I adore feeding Leigha right now! Breastfeeding is so special for us, it's just our time and it's something that only I can do for her which makes me feel pretty darn important. Within the last week it's become so much better to feed her though. She's been really alert when she's been eating instead of her eating and falling asleep like she did until this week. She'll stare at me with her big beautiful blue eyes and sometimes grin really big then go back to eating. It's so fun and makes me fill up with joy and love!

Bug and I have our special time when we read. He love, love, loves to read. We read throughout each and every day just about. It's the only times now when he slows down enough to sit on my lap and snuggle me. I read and he points to the word then the corrilating picture just as I've taught him to.
He is the most lovable boy in the world. He'll stop playing or whatever he's doing just to come up to me and sis and give us hugs and kisses and sign 'love' to us. He has a beautiful soul!
We also have special time when we are learning new signs together. He picks up on sign language so easily and does so well! Just yesterday he surprised me by signing 'socks' and 'go' and honestly (lacking on my teaching a bit) I'd only shown them to him once or twice like a month ago. I don't know why but he suddenly decided to sign them yesterday when I said "Let's put on your socks" and he signed "socks" he also said the word out loud! In the car on the way home yesterday I told him we were going home and he said outloud and signed "go". What an amazing little guy!

Anyway that's all for now. Just my thoughts on how my beautiful kids show love to their Momma every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment